What is Root Chakra?
The root chakra is located at the base of your spine and is responsible for giving you a sense of grounding and stability.
When this chakra is blocked, it can cause feelings of insecurity, fear, and general instability. To unblock your root chakra, focus on activities that make you feel strong and stable, such as exercise, meditation, or spending time in nature.
You can also wear the color red to help stimulate this chakra.
- Root chakra (Muladhara) is regarded as the “energy body” basis. The necessity of regulating this chakra is emphasized in yogic traditions. The awakening of Kundalini begins here
- In Yoga and Buddism, the root chakra is essential for spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being and belonging to the world.
- The pleasing taste and aroma of earthly essential oils lower anxiety and improve the nervous system. You can heal and support your root chakra, solar plexus, sacral chakra, heart chakra, and balancing energies.
The root chakra helps support higher chakras such as solar plexus chakra, throat chakra, and third eye chakra.
What are the benefits of opening the root chakra?
When it is open, you feel safe and secure, both physically and emotionally. You can connect with your physical surroundings and have a strong sense of self-preservation.
People with a closed root chakra may feel unsafe or insecure in their surroundings. They may be clingy or dependent on others for security, or they may be rebellious and act out against authority figures.
Related: Which Chakra is Related To The Brain?
They may also have difficulty connecting with their physical body and experience health problems.
Some other benefits of an open root chakra include:
- Increased vitality and energy. (More vitality you have, more change manifesting the things you desire.)
- Better physical health. (Anxiety, stress, and fear can cause digestive problems: less stress, better digestion, and physical health.)
- Emotional stability. ( Positive emotions will lead to better karma)
- A sense of calm in the face of stress. (The more you become calmer, the more connected to unconditional love, and spiritual healing energies from the heart center.)
Yogis and Buddhist yoga teachers believe when this chakra is blocked or unbalanced, you may feel fearful, unsupported, and disconnected from your world.
How can you make your root chakra balanced?
There are things you can do to improve and balance the seven chakras. However, for the root chakra, you can:
- Spend time in nature (lower overactive adrenal-gland, support positive energy, energize body and well-being.)
- Connect with your physical body through exercise or yoga.
- Eat grounding foods like root vegetables.
- Affirmations ( fightings negativity)
- Hypnosis (support self-worth, relaxation, letting go, positive energy)
- Chakra meditation ( Chakra cleansing therapies, Sound therapy, Mantra, Tibetan singing bowls, Reiki healing, Crystal-healing, etc.)
- Deep Belly breath: Holistic approach looked at the Chakra system as connected to each other. When you deeply inhale through the abdomen, you can help balance the root chakra.
Binaural beats, Chakra crystals, gemstones, Color therapy, Aromatherapy, and yoga poses are all beneficial holistic approaches.
Balancing root chakra and soler plexus support the personal power, vibration, intuiton, and positive energy.
One of the most popular techniques is to visualize a bright red light entering your body and gradually traveling down to your root chakra. As the light illuminates the area, you can say or think affirmations such as “I am safe” or “I am grounded.”
Your energy systems are affected mainly by your thoughts felt and emotions—changing the way of your thoughts through hypnosis, cognitive behavior therapies, and visualizing meditations.
When you feel vitality, balance, and a positive aura, it primarily means you have balanced chakra and energy levels.
When it comes to energy, kundalini energy is the strongest one that helps balance the root chakras as well as others. However, if you are a beginner, it’s better to start with mindfulness meditation before kundalini.
Related: Kundalini Meditation For Addiction, Effective or Not?
What is Kundalini? Awakening and Opening, Healing energy
Kundalini is the spiritual energy that is said to reside at the base of the spine. When it is awakened, it is said to move up the spine and bring about Various physical, emotional, and spiritual changes.
It has been called the “rainbow bridge” that links the physical and spiritual worlds. Some people believe that kundalini awakening is necessary for true spiritual enlightenment. Others believe that it can be dangerous if not done under expert guidance.
Kundalini yoga mostly used for tantra, and tantric system for chakra clearing, improve sexuality, and psychic abilities.
Now we understand kundalini, let’s go back to the first chakra balancing.
What kind of essential oils can I use for the root chakra? Which essential oils are good for clearing root chakra?
Essential Oils that help balance the root chakra.
- Rhododendron Anthopogon
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Dorado Azul Essential Oils For Health
- Basil Essential Oil
- Litsea Cubeba Essential Oil For Health and Anxiety
- Davana oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Essential oils are complex mixtures of chemicals that interact with the body, mind, and spirituality in many ways.
Some oils are high in antioxidants, which can help protect cells from damage. Others have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling and pain. Some oils can effectively treat mood disorders, provide better sleep, have calming effects, and improve energy flow.
Note: You can use essential oils and massage chakra points to relieve tension
Blockage happens when you have anxiety, fear, depression, and low mood. We can use essential oils to bring harmony to our life.
Balancing root chakra needs to be attended to. Your subconscious mind is really on that. So, reprogramming your subconscious should be your first priority when it comes to the root chakra.
Besides energetic meditation and energy healing, trying hypnosis is one of the best ways lower anxiety, fear, and phobias and improve life force.
- Hypnosis and hypnotherapist is a good way to balance chakras, rewire your brain, fight addictions, improve life force through consciousness, and more.
- Essential oils are also important because of their calming and relaxing effects. Lavender oils, for example, make you feel calm and relaxed. Some people believe essential oils are metaphysical properties. However, certain essential oils are great for chakra healing and other things.
- Guided meditation, visualization of main chakras, and kundalini energy meditations will help overcome blockages and support meditative states and higher self. Spiritually, yogic people believe besides the first chakra, the root chakra will help life force energy, and balancing the first chakra will support the opening of the third eye.
- The more balancing lower chakras energy, the more Higher consciousness available.