High places make many people feel uncomfortable. People wonder can hypnosis cure fear of heights or not.
We all know that people don’t like to be in high places. There’s no doubt that this is true in every part of the world. Being in a high place gives you the feeling of being too far away from your work and that it’s challenging to reach it without risking your life.
It’s a common phobia among those who have been on tall buildings, bridges, or in the air too long. Hypnotherapists have been able to help people overcome this fear using hypnosis.
Hypnosis has been shown to positively affect a person’s physiology, reducing their cortisol levels, which can help them overcome their fear, anxiety, social phobia, and obsessive thinking.
The key is to find a hypnotherapist who can help you tap into your subconscious and help you to overcome your agoraphia, and anxiety disorder.
Hypnosis Benefits For Fearful, and Discomfort Situations
People are very resistant to change, especially when it comes to their personal lives.
The world is full of people who suffer from addictive behaviors. They tend to gamble with money, work on a computer in a flurry and use technology such as social media to spend time away from the real world.
Without any scientific proof, many people blame themselves for their addiction. But hypnosis is a method that can help you overcome addiction by connecting your brain to your subconscious thoughts and feelings.
- Hypnosis helps overcome addictive behavior, even gambling.
- Hypnosis has long been used to help people quit smoking, and new research shows it may also be effective for treating addiction to other substances such as alcohol and drugs.
- It can help with social anxiety, specific phobia, stress disorder, PTSD, irrational fear, common phobias, fear of snakes, mental disorders, low self-esteem, and depression.
- Acrophobia (Fear of Heights) Extreme anxiety and losing control might happen. Anxiety symptoms such as choking, sweating, dizziness, nausea, and scary thoughts arrive when you face heights.
Hypnosis is considered a natural healing modality because it differs from other treatments in that it does not rely on medication to work; rather, it relies on the mind’s own recovery mechanism.
Intense fear, Worries: How You Can Cure Fear Of Heights?
There is no cure for acrophobia, but they can treat it with exposure and psychological therapy. Exposure therapy is generally thought to be the best way to treat specific phobias.
- Know your fear: Understanding how the body’s “fight-or-flight” response works will help you recognize and deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety and keep you from mistaking them for signs of danger.
- Start small and slowly put yourself in situations that make you nervous. Even though it’s hard at first, slowly facing our fears is important because it helps us realize that we are safer and more capable than we thought. Please make a list of things that trigger your phobia, rank them by how anxious they make you, and try each one at a time. It can be easier if you start small. For example, you can use pictures or mental movies to prepare for real-life situations.
- Use relaxation exercises with hypnosis. Spend some time trying out different ways to relax to see which works best for you. You can use them before, during, or after exposure or any other situation that makes you feel anxious.
- Rewire your beliefs. Ask yourself questions and write down your answers to figure out what it is about heights that makes you nervous. What do you worry about when you’re high up? What do you think the chances are that this will happen? What would you have to go through to stop believing this?
- Check to see if you’re doing anything to protect yourself. Safety behaviors, like holding on to railings or closing your eyes when you’re near heights, can make you feel more anxious over time. Try to put some activities on your list of graded exposure that gives you a chance to test out not doing these things.
As you can see, hypnosis techniques are great for calming your brain while you are anxious.
Related: Can Hypnosis Cure Negative Thoughts?
Hypnosis and Other Benefits
Most people have a fear of flying and which leads to panic-attack. Irrational beliefs or traumatic experiences also cause these fears and phobias.
People also use for helping psychotherapy and hypnosis for this. Hypnosis psychologists sometimes use techniques to help to face your irrational fears. Example another common Fear of spiders. When people see the spider, it triggers fear inside. Some other fears:
- Fear of being alone
Overactive amygdala cause panic and extreme fear. So, it will lead you to feel scared and sweat.
Hypnotherapy, Cognitive-behavioral therapy, and other therapies are suitable for this. Hypnosis works by hypnotic suggestion to relieve overwhelming fear and anxiety.
People use hypnosis not just to stop smoking and such compulsive behavior. It’s also to relieve anxiety and fear!